What is A/PGF?
Asian Pacific Gays and Friends is an international, non-profit social and educational group established for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender people who share an interest in Asian culture and experiences. A/PGF exists to provide an understanding and supportive environment, to raise awareness of the Southern California Gay Asian community, to promote an atmosphere that encourages and inspires multi-cultural communication, learning, and fun.
What are the benefits of joining?
- Movie/Rap Night
- Dining With Friends & Sunday Brunch
- Roller Skating Night
- Karaoke Night
- Pool Parties
- Member Benefit & Appreciation Events (these events are free to all members). These include buffet style meals: Chinese New Year, Thai New Year and the Holiday Meal (usually held in early December). Our Pool Party is also a Member Benefit event-free to all members.
- Discounts to A/PGF sponsored events
- Discounts to Theatre events
- Advance email notification of upcoming events
- To bring together Asians, Asian-Americans and non-Asians interested in developing an understanding and appreciation of Asian cultures
Consider being part of Asian/Pacific Gays and Friends of Los Angeles. We are one of the longest surviving Gay Asian organizations in the United States - since 1980.
If you would like to help organize a new event, or would like to help coordinate an exisiting event, please contact a Board member or the event coordinator.
How are my Membership Dues spent?
A/PGF is a non-profit corporation. All Board, Committee Chairs and Event Coordinators are volunteers and receive no compensation for their services.
Membership dues are used to pay for catered meals, listed above, as well as for beverages, cups, napkins, plates and utensils at our potlucks. For some events, we subsidize the membership costs, when discounts can not be obtained. There is administrative costs associated with the operation of our organization such as our website and Post Office box.
A/PGF is required by law to keep financial records, minutes of the Board meetings and to file financial reports with the government. The Treasurer reimburses individuals for out of pocket expenses associated with events when receipts are submitted and approved by the Board.
The more events you attned, the more value you get for your membership dues.
Still not sure about joining?
Be our guest at any one of our events (see guest policy) and see for yourself. Check our website for the latest event calendar. Sign up for our email notifications for upcoming events and our newsletter---at no obligation.
If you require further information, please send your inquiries to: email@example.com